Submit a Post
The Benefits of FI is a blogging community dedicated to helping people understand and make the most of their health insurance and benefits on their journey to financial independence. We welcome submissions from anyone with expertise in benefits- and FI-related topics, no matter how large or small, that you feel will help others.
If accepted, you will be compensated. (Yay!)
What we look for
Go deep! We’re an analytical community that’s not afraid to get our hands dirty when it comes to understanding our personal finances. Heavy topics demystified with plain English, charts, graphs, and/or diagrams that better illustrate your points are encouraged. Blow us away with your knowledge and entertain us with your passion and humor!
And, of course, always abide by the blogger’s Golden Rule: Write unto others as you would have them write unto you. AKA, be nice.
To see if your idea is a fit for The Benefits of FI, ask yourself these questions about it:
- Is it benefits-related, i.e. is it related to non-salary compensation you get through your job or, if you’re self-employed or retired, find for yourself — things like health insurance, life insurance, HSA, wellness plans, student loan debt paydown, etc.?
- Will it help people better understand how to choose or use their benefits and/or help them understand how to move toward financial independence?
- Is it something that can be applied by others (i.e. it’s not advice so specific that it only applies to you or people who very closely fit your profile and circumstances)?
- Is it fact-based and/or supported by evidence? And yes, your own personal experiences are great evidence!
- Is it your original work or, if not, are you crediting the original source?
Once you’re accepted…
Hooray, you’re now a FI blogger! Once your piece is accepted you will be contacted and asked to create a profile, so people can get to know you and so you don’t have to do it again the next time you write for us. 😉
And of course, when your post goes live, share it far and wide and we will do the same!